Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Ecclesiastesical

I love being in my room. I am amazed these days that I will leave company, conversation, food, TV, etc., and retreat to the aloneness of my room. This habit would have been unbelievable only a few months ago. I guess I'm in an Ecclesiastesical (like, in Ecclesiastes... no, i did not just misspell Ecclesiastical...) season. I am enjoying this time of independent focus. I am learning to need other people but not to be defined by my relationships with them. Life is a lot less threatening when I am defined by what I know I can depend on. Life is a lot less threatening in my room.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Yes, I enjoy being alone, too. When I am in my room, I can focus on thinking and talking with my heart. She can tell me a lot that I hardly notice in my life. Feel peaceful.