Sunday, April 24, 2011

big job

No one in my Sunday school class today could tell me what Easter is about. "Passover" was the closest answer I got.

On days like this, my job both astounds and overwhelms me. Every week, God trusts me to represent Him to teenagers who have only a slight clue who He is, much less what He is about. That's astounding. There is so much rich goodness to be taught from God's Word, and we can only tackle it one story, one topic, one Sunday at a time. That's overwhelming.

Love this job.

Eternally (literally) grateful for parents who taught me the stories of the Bible.

Eternally (literally) grateful for a loving God who is patient with my youth and me as we seek Him.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

1 comment:

Lily said...

Thank you, Kalen and Amanda for giving me such a new and impressive experience of Easter. I'm not sure who let me know you and your friends. Whoever He is, god or destiny or some supernatural power I can't tell the namee, I thank him with all my heart.