Friday, March 25, 2011

Under Construction: about this blog

Since this blog has experienced a recent resurgence of author (that's me) activity, and since I finally have my first official "follower," I am in the process of updating the looks of things around here.

I'm keeping the dandelion background. Dandelions remind me of the days when simple things, like blowing those little seeds everywhere, were all it took to vanquish my cares. Also, one of my favorite cheesy education posters has a background of dandelions and says, "Dandelions are my favorite flowers because they refuse to stop growing." I loved making fun of that poster on Mrs. Strickland's door in high school. Cracks me up. But, it's stuck with me, and I suppose some truth rings through the cheese.

New name: Moville was another throw-back to high school days. A missionary I met in Chicago called me Mo-lissa, and my SBC friends have called me Mo since. I like it. But, it doesn't perfectly describe my hopes for this blog. So, I'm keeping Mo but renaming Moville. (In case you're wondering about the web address, a couple of other guys we met in Chicago decided my name should be Cookee. No idea why, but that still makes me laugh.)

Gentle Whispers: In 1 Kings 19, Elijah is afraid and depressed and needs a savior. God meets him where he is and, with a gentle whisper, reminds Elijah of his worth, his value as a servant of God to his people. Those who know me well know I struggle like Elijah to stay out of that cave of despair. But, God is faithful to meet me there when I call. This blog has been and is a record of some of God's gentle whispers, reminders of his faithfulness, of my worth, and of life's incredible value. To any regular or random readers, I pray you hear God in these gentle, yet powerful, whispers of hope.
-mo

No comments: