Sunday, March 06, 2011

Prayer for Peace

Found this prayer on my computer tonight. I prayed it on December 29, 2008. The prayer has been answered and is still being answered daily. The LORD has done it again!

-------
God.
You are able.
You are able to do exceeding abundantly above all that i ask or think, according to the power that worketh in me. (Eph 3.20)
Wow.
You are the one, true, all-powerful God. And what is more: you work your power in me to accomplish beyond what i imagine.
Teach me to lean on that power in my weakness.
Your grace is sufficient, and your strength is made perfect in weakness. (2 Cor 12.9)

I have this confidence: whatever i ask according to your will, you hear and grant. (1 john 5.14-15)
It is your will that, as far as it depends on me, i live at peace with everyone. (Rom 12.18)

So, here's what i ask:

Work your power in me for peace.
Powerful peace.
Powerful peace among my friends.
Calm our restless minds and hearts, that we may no longer over-think our own or others' actions. Make us comfortable being natural.
Minimize our noticing the things that annoy us about each other.
Minimize our feeling the need to defend ourselves.
Teach us to love and to live lovingly. Remove jealousy and competition for friendship. Convince our hearts that strengthening of bonds among others does not mean breaking or weakening of our own bonds. Help us to rejoice as others' friendships grow.
Help us forgive. But, above that, help us never to offend, never to need forgiveness. Make us quick to confess and repent both to you and to each other.
Guard our words, and reign our tongues, so our conversation will be only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (Eph 4.29)
Make of us peacemakers.
Be our peace.
Powerful peace.


We have tried individually and collectively to fix the hurt we have inflicted on our friendships. It is clear to me that we cannot heal. I am done trying. If peace happens, it will have to be from you.




For this reason I kneel before you, Father, from whom your whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of your glorious riches you may strengthen us with power through your Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith. And I pray that we, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that we may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of you, God.

Now to you, who are able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to your power that is at work within us, to you be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

(Eph 3.14-20)

1 comment:

Granny said...

Beautiful prayer.May it be so for all of us. Granny