Saturday, March 26, 2011

Turning Pages

So... I've never really liked to read. As a kid, I pretended to love reading because that was what smart people were supposed to love, and reading was a sure, quick way to impress teachers. And, I guess I sort of enjoyed it for a few years. But, as I got older, I learned to despise it.

I have always enjoyed a good story. So, if school required that I read, I read. And, usually, I liked what I read. It's the act of reading itself that has never appealed to me. Sitting in one place, staring at one page or set of pages, for a long time. Maybe that's it: it takes a long time. I am not a fast reader. Reading comprehension has never been my thing. I get bored staring at the same few paragraphs until I understand what they say.

A few months ago, all that changed. I LOVE reading. I cannot put down a book. An e-book, that is. The option of reading on my phone has absolutely changed my life. I love my Kindle App. I cannot explain the phenomenon. I do not understand it myself. But, I like it. I have turned a new page in life, and I finally am who I always wanted to be: a reader. It's pretty cool.

So, when you look at that list to the left of my 'Recent Reads,' be impressed. I am.
-mo

No comments: