Tuesday, January 10, 2012

worldview


worldview (by my definition): what's at the very core of one's being, affecting the way he/she approaches life and engages the world.

My world view: missions. God has called me to a life of domestic and international missions, teaching and taking His hope to the world. When I am at my best - which certainly is not as often as I'd like, everything I do is about ministry. Wherever God leads, my life is His, and my goal is His glory.

While I believe every Christian's call is to share Jesus with his world, I also believe each Christian has a unique intersection of giftedness and passion. It follows that few people will share my exact world view.

But, the ministry partners (specifically, the life partner) to whom I will be most attracted are those who share my ministry passion. IF (and i cannot type this IF big enough) I marry, I will marry a man whose heart beats missions.

So... I broke up with Marc. Not because he does not love Jesus, not because he does not desire and strive to serve Him daily, not because he and I are not great friends who have fun times. None of those reasons would be true. Marc is an incredible man with incredible drive to succeed in his work, to know God, and to be righteous. But, God has not called Marc to missions.

I am not spiritually attracted to Marc. I wish I were. I am attracted to him in every other way a woman can be attracted to a man. Marc is a man of God. Marc will be an excellent, loyal, and loving husband and father. I am grateful for our time together and for what God has taught me through him.
-mo

No comments: