Sunday, November 20, 2011

fever

So, I've been sick since Wednesday. Started with a sore throat and headache and quickly progressed to full blown fever sick. Going on day five of fever now. Where there's fever, there's threat of contagion, and contagion is best contained in quarantine. So, I've been in my little apartment, just Dori and me, for 4 days. Went to the doctor on Friday and had two short visits from friends (very short). Otherwise, been alone, just Dori and me. It's driving me crazy. So far, I have missed a date, a movie party with friends, church, and a trip to the aquarium. Luckily, the aquarium trip did not happen without me but will be rescheduled for a time when I can go.

I hate being stuck at home. I am so happy, so blessed, so thankful that I am not permanently confined. I cannot imagine the pain some people experience of knowing they will never leave their homes again. Homebound ministry is so important.

I am thankful that I am not always alone. I am thankful that I have friends who miss me when I am confined. I am thankful that I have fun stuff to miss.

So, I am thankful, BUT I'm going to kill strep throat if it keeps me away from Immy while she is here. Both of my babies (the born and the unborn) arrived in Georgia yesterday, and I am quarantined away from them both. I am supposed to see them both on Tuesday, and I will be a VERY unhappy, fevered camper if I do not get to see them on schedule.

Readers, pray with me for wellness. I have read that I am supposed to stay away from people for 24 hours after the fever leaves, which means I'm going to need this thing to be gone tomorrow.

Five days is enough, God. Thanks.
-mo

No comments: