Thursday, July 21, 2011

my philosophy

Education without inspiration is worth little. An economist by training and practice, my teaching philosophy comes from my belief that people respond to incentives. My goal as an educator is to provide my students with incentive to learn, then to teach them the details of my subject(s) and the relevance of those details to their lives. Throughout this process, I hope to foster a lifestyle of learning, teaching students not only to apply what they have learned to their lives but also to apply what they have lived to their learning.

............

i have much more to write in order to flesh out my teaching philosophy, but i was proud enough of my first paragraph to go ahead and post it here. :)
feel free to lend feedback before i have to turn this thing in on Sunday.
-mo

No comments: