Friday, August 07, 2015

stepping out

7 years and 1 month, almost to the day, after I had my first meeting with Dr. Robert Moore as his newly hired GRA, I walked out of the Andrew Young School (AYS) on my last day as an employee there. I am changed and so grateful. In 2008, I was a 23-year-old MPA student still with very little idea what I wanted in life.  Dr. Moore and others at AYS guided me through learning about myself and my world and discovering the calling God has placed on my life of being an economist who shares the hope of Jesus with the developing world.

I am especially grateful to Dr. Moore, who has been my boss and mentor throughout these 7 years. He has held me to a standard of academic excellence while always encouraging me to dream big and follow God's heart.

I am also thankful to my family and friends, who have borne the burden of hearing all my stories of triumph and failure and have unwaveringly supported me throughout.

Love y'all. So excited to continue on this amazing journey of pursuing Jesus with you.
-mo